Terms & Conditions
- A credit card number is required at the time of booking to secure the reservation.
- The name “Rafting New Zealand” will appear on cardholders statement for any transactions through our website and eftpos terminals.
- It is advisable to book. Once a booking is confirmed, there is no credit refunds, unless the operator cancels.
- CANCELLATION POLICIES (NB – these can vary between the individual operators)
- A minimum of 24 hours notice of any cancellation is required to avoid any cancellation fees being charged.
- Cancellations with less than 12 hours but more than 6 hours notice will be charged a 50% cancellation charge.
- Cancellations within 6 hours of departure or no shows will be charged 100% cancellation fee.
- Ten (10) working days notice is required if the entire group is cancelling to avoid cancellation charges.
- Trips cancelled by an operator for any reason (insufficient numbers, flooding, etc) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip / date is not suitable.
- Any booked participant under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be excluded from rafting without a credit refund.
- Maritime New Zealand has audited and approved our Raft Safety Procedures. Qualmark has quality assured our rafting operation. Rafting are adventure activities with a degree of risk. Participants should be aware that we can not absolutely guarantee their safety.
- To the extent permitted by law, all our liability for damage to your property, disruption to travel plans, mental and physical injury is excluded. Rafting New ZealandAdventure Centre can not be held responsible if our instructions and that of the operator are not followed.