Sky Dive – 12,000 ft
Skydive Taupo is based 7 minutes south of the centre of Taupo township nestled on the edge of our beautiful Great Lake Taupo. Lake Taupo is the biggest lake in New Zealand and Australasia, its spectacular size matching the size of Singapore! We are surrounded by the beautiful snow tipped peaks of Ruapehu, Tongariro and Ngauruhoe, also known as the famous ‘Mt Doom’ from Lord of the Rings. These amazing mountains combined with our great lake give a truly unique and spectacular scenic backdrop for your skydive.
Your adventure will begin once you arrive at the drop zone where our friendly team will take you through the experience to come. Safety is our top priority so you will be taken through a small safety briefing before making your way to the Drop Zone to prepare for the plunge!
The excitement will only build as you take our 20-minute scenic flight in our unique pink plane to your chosen height of 12,000ft or 15,000ft, remember the higher you go the more freefall you will get so we always recommend the highest height your budget will allow! There is nothing quite like the feeling of dangling your feet over the side and then…3….2…1…. your gone!
Falling at an incredible 200km/h for up to 60 seconds take in the beautiful views and spectacular adrenaline rush before your instructor opens your parachute allowing you to gently float down to our landing area.
So you can re-live your experience for the years to come we offer 2 different video options. We can film and/or photograph your experience from either a handy-cam on the instructors wrist or a freefall camera man, remember to smile as our talented camera staff will capture all of your emotions! After you have landed you can re-lived your experience watching your video in our onsite cinema, you will then have your memories to take away with you on our unique credit card USB’s.
Just a tip, if you are visiting us in those chilly winter months, we strongly recommend that you wrap up warm to insure you enjoy your experience and remember you could be with us for up to 3 hours.
If you’re looking for the ultimate heart-pounding thrill ride, you definitely need to book this amazing Skydive Taupo experience!
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeShort Breaks
- Activity Level Ultimate
- Group Size Small Group
At Skydive Taupo we offer two heights, 12,000ft and 15,000ft. Attached to your instructor you will freefall for 45-60 seconds at a speed of 200+ km/hr with stunning views of Lake Taupo, Ruapheu, Tongariro and Ngauruhoe. On a bluebird day you could see as far as the East and West coasts of the North Island.
You don’t need any previous experience and our team will look after you every step of the way and ensure you have an unforgettable experience.
- No experience required
- 100kg weight restriction
- FREE transport to and from Taupo and Rotorua (subject to availability)
- All equipment provided, all we need you to do is wear comfortable clothing and secure shoes (trainers/sneakers).
- Weather conditions can change, so we ask you to contact us 30 minutes prior to your booking to confirm the weather is suitable. If not, we will help you reschedule.
- There is no age limit, but if you are under 18 years old you will need to bring a parent or guardian with you or bring along a written and signed parental guardian consent.
- Please allow 2-3 hours for the entire experience.
- Want to bring a support crew? Our viewing area is perfectly positioned so your friends and family can watch you land!