Experience the thrill of flying high above untraversed native forest valleys in this three hour zipline adventure. Take in the whole picture of ecology from great heights with classic Kiwi guides who bring knowledge, humour, fun and a whole lot of ‘Kiwiana’ to the adventure, with safety of the utmost importance. The guides help visitors handfeed wild native birds, while sharing knowledge of the bird song, flora and fauna. With a portion of every ticket invested into conservation, everyone is part of the forest restoration story. With three years of conservation and tonnes of pest removed from the Dansey Road Scenic Reserve, 180ha of this forest is now predator free and rowdy birdsong is returning, so keep an eye out for Robins, Kereru, Tomtit, Tui, Bellbirds, Whiteheads, Kaka and Fantails. The dream is to restore the eco-system to the one Captain James Cook discovered on arrival to New Zealand – full of loud bird chorus. On the way traverse a 1.2km network of ziplines, swingbridges, treetop platforms and walking trails, deep in untouched native New Zealand forest. The jaw dropping 220 metre “Tui Song” zipline is the longest, where you step out of a 1000 year old Rimu tree and fly over a long forgotten valley, deep into the forest beyond. Labelled on Trip Advisor as an ‘Adventure activity with a brain,’ this is the number one ranked experience in the North Island of New Zealand.
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday TypeDiscovery, Family, Guided Tours, Wildlife
- Activity Level Leisurely
- Group Size Medium Group
*New Zealand`s ONLY native forest zipline canopy tour*
- Closed footwear is essential
- Bring an extra layer of clothing.
- We operate in almost any weather. We provide full wet weather gear.
- Children (15 years and under) must be accompanied be a responsible adult (18 years or over).
- Parents will need to sign consent for their children.
- Please report 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time.
- Suitable for all ages 6 years and over
- Maximum weight of 120kg.
- Minimum weight of 35kg. (if you have children under this weight please call us on 0800 CANOPY — we can accommodate this but need to discuss this with you)
To ensure the best experience possible each tour has a maximum of 10 customers, and are guided by 2 of our highly trained guides.
Tours depart throughout the day, 7 days per week. Early morning tours are particularly nice times to be in the forest.
tour is for small groups of no more than 10 people. We will do our best
to book you for your preferred departure time but due to other bookings, this
may not always be available. If your preferred time is not available, we will
contact you to offer an alternative departure.
- Courtesy pick up and drop off to any central Rotorua accommodation (if required).
- FREE photos from your trip, taken by your guides (click here to see photos from tours this week).
- All safety equipment.
- Additional clothing such as jackets, gloves and warm hats.